Power Wheels Thomas Modifications

Here is a manual from Go Baby Go Central Ohio on how to modify the Thomas. This is a good car for some children because you can separately buy a track. It can be challenging to put a PVC frame on the Thomas that both looks good and is sturdy, due to the shape of the vehicle. We tried several approaches but the best is to carve some custom spacers as shown in the instructions.

Hello!

My Name is Mitchell, we at the University Of Scranton are just getting started with GBG (SO EXCITING!!!) and we saw that you had this manual for a Thomas the tank engine modification, but the link doesn’t seem to be working. Would you still have access to this instruction manual??

thanks so much!!!

Thomas.pdf (656.6 KB)

Hi,
First, I apologize for the delayed response. Our Go Baby Go chapter has been rendered inactive by staff blunders and therefore I haven’t been paying attention to this site. Fortunately Bill James alerted me that someone had removed the document. I am attaching the original. Also, since we are no longer in the Go Baby Go business, we have several cars that are available at no cost if you can use them. Some are new. One happens to be a Thomas already modified per these instructions. I realize we are a long way from Scranton, but if you happen to know anyone who might come through Columbus, OH on occasion, maybe we can work something out. Sorry again about the delay! Best regards,
– Doug

Hi Doug, Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply. My name is Stephanie and I am working with Mitchell on the GO Baby GO Project at the University of Scranton. We would be thrilled to take the cars off your hands. I am wondering if it would be possible to ship them at our cost of course? I hate to see fun things sit unplayed with, so if there is anyway we can make this happen, please do let us know.
Cheers,
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,
First, I apologize for the delayed response. Our Go Baby Go chapter has been rendered inactive by staff blunders and therefore I haven’t been paying attention to this site. In fact, I encountered the email from Go Baby Go Connect while cleaning out my spam folder. If you want to email me directly you can use wa9rak-gbg@yahoo.com.

The cars we have available are:

• two Power Wheels McQueens, new in box (never assembled)
  • one Lil Quad - unmodified
  • one Assi Lil Rider - unmodified
  • one Chevy Silverado / Tahoe Fire Fighter – modified with switch
  • one Thomas train engine – modified with switch and bracing
  • one Sponge Bob –modified with switch
  • one Audi (probably for parts only)
  • one Pagani, modified to accept a switch

Unfortunately the only way to get these to you would be for someone to come to Columbus and pick them up. Pat thinks they would all fit in a minivan if there were only one or two people. There are a couple of reasons for this. First there isn’t any reasonable way for us to pack an assembled car (especially a modified one with framing) for safe shipment. Then, the shipping costs alone would be too much. Even for the NIB cars, UPS wants $100 each from Columbus to Scranton, and the cars are not worth that. So if you can find someone who might come through Columbus on their way to Scranton, we certainly have a deal. Also, I would like whoever gets these to take them all, not just a couple. Sorry again about the delay! Best regards,
– Doug