This publication may help you learn more about what makes a successful chapter, and how you can start one in your community!
11/21/20 - updating this post with a new article link (since the old one looks to be dead): https://baylor.box.com/s/kpp0j0h01gekslhoky3y3c5br3t71m6z
Great article! I just had an inquiry about it and I thought I would post some additional thoughts as well. Please let me know what I’m missing.
- Apply for 501c3 Status for a non-profit OR partner with a local non-profit for help managing donations. In Kansas City, we have found Variety KC to be a wonderful partner.
- Develop partnerships with area charities and companies for fundraising
- Develop partnerships with PT/OT and Engineering students/professionals - cars should be inspected before you give them to families
- Make sure that you have photo release and liability release forms signed by all participants to protect yourselves legally.
- Use the GoBabyGo logo from here: https://sites.udel.edu/gobabygo/logos/
- Make sure you follow their terms of service, but you can modify it slightly for your own organization with permission
- Keep posting your questions on the forum
- Build a bunch of cars
Thank you so much for all the insight, however, the pdf that was given does not work. Is there any way that there could be another place to find it, or receive a copy of it.
I will work on getting a working version of the PDF to you. Sorry about that!
Can you send the PDF to me as well? Thanks!
Would you mind sending me a copy of the pdf as well? The link doesn’t work. thanks so much!
This link is no longer working. Can the document be uploaded again?