GoBabyGo and COVID

Hello -
I’m curious to hear how other GBG sites are adapting their builds during the pandemic. Is anyone doing remote builds? If so, I would love to hear about your procedures.
We have so many families looking for modified cars for their children, but are currently unable to host community members/builds due to our site’s pandemic restrictions.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Jessica,
We have always used a slightly different model, in that we don’t do community builds with volunteers. Each car is adapted on an individual basis based on the specific child’s needs. Due to the pandemic, Adaptive Sports Connection suspended programming per Ohio orders, including Go Baby Go. When we resumed Go Baby Go, we started by doing an evaluation of the child virtually (telehealth) using Zoom. That worked surprisingly well. When the car was completed we delivered it outdoors at the Adaptive Sports Connection facility following careful safety protocols. (We all had masks and gloves, etc.) Fortunately the modifications turned out to be a perfect match and we didn’t have to make any adjustments at all – the parents put the child in the car and off he went. So we have followed that approach since – do the evaluation by Zoom, and then we will deliver the car outdoors. Hope this is helpful.
– Doug

Happy to chat about our 100 car builds via zoom this past year
Please email me if you’d like Jacgallo@udel.edu

Best cole