Go Baby Go Buffalo NY

Hi Everyone! Just chiming in to let you know I’m setting up shop in Buffalo NY under the name Go Buffalo Go, Inc.

Stay tuned for more details.

Peace, love and mobility,

Eric Ruth

1 Like

Hi! I’m brand new to this. I live in Rochester, NY. My 4 year old daughter has a form of muscular dystrophy that includes short stature and muscle weakness. We were just given an off brand power wheels by a neighbor which is incredible for her independence. She loves it, but the battery lasts at best about an hour. It doesn’t look particularly easy to get to (for getting an extra battery and swapping out when it gets low). I’d love to be able to use this (or something like it) for festivals, walks around town, etc. The speed is great and this model has an adjustable seat so it fits her great. I’m looking for a way to either swap batteries easily, or somehow increase the drive time to several hours worth of driving. Do you have any suggestions?

I’m not opposed to simply getting a different model if it seems the easiest way to do this but in my Google search for “disabled child hot wheels” this is the first thing that came up.

You could simply get a bigger battery with more capacity. Doesn’t have to be on brand but you will have to do some light wiring work to make the connections work.
There are lots of conversion kits that let you use a standard Lithium ion battery from Milwaukee or dewalt. So if you have a standard set of tools with Li Ion that’s an option and just bring multiple batteries with ya.