GBG locations/chapters in North Carolina

I was contacted by a mom of a youngster w MD looking for GBG assistance. They live in Monroe, near Charlotte NC. Anybody aware of a chapter near there that I could direct them to?

Hi Pete. Did you have any luck finding NC chapters? There have been several build events recently in NC and I am wondering if it has spurned some new chapter activity.

I tracked down the guy organizing the build/s and got the family hooked up, but not sure if there’s a “sustained presence” there. But at least now I know who I’d ask :wink:

Cool, thanks. Maybe it is time to get a sustained presence started.

Here is a link to all the FIRST Robotics teams in North Carolina. I’m guessing one of them would be happy to build a car for the family you’re talking about.

Here’s a map with the team list underneath.
http://www.firstnorthcarolina.org/2017-nc-frc-teams

Better late than never Gav :wink: we already got that one family taken care of … but with any luck the info u shared might help the next one (& several after that). Thank u sir

Yep. I was pretty late to that party. Sorry, it’s been a busy time around here. That said, it is pretty easy for me to look up FRC Teams in any area through The Blue Alliance website.

Here is a link:

Hi Everyone!

Late to the party but…
What NC chapters are there of GBG?

I am interested in starting one in the RTP area.
Thanks!
Katie

Hi, I know this is a super old thread, but any options near Charlotte NC these days for getting car toys adapted for switches for special needs kids? The links in this thread are no longer active.

Hi! I am a PT located in Morganton, NC and am working on starting up a chapter here. I am in the very early stages but am hoping to get to building soon.