Check out REACH Challenge

Working on GoBabyGo cars with my students has been the most rewarding thing I’ve done in my career. I have seen how it can teach empathy, user-centered design, and so much more. Inspired by my work with GBG, I wanted to do something to expand the number of people we can help while also expanding the number of students that are involved in using their STEM skills to help others.

So, over the summer, my wife Andrea and I worked with the International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA) to put together REACH Challenge. This is an adaptive/assistive technology project that comes with a unique toolkit with units covering Adaptive/Assistive Technology, Empathy, User Centered Design, and much more.

http://www.reachchallenge.org

This project gives student teams a chance to help a member of their community and submit their project to earn recognition, free attendance at the ITEEA Conference in Baltimore, and a cash prize of $2000 for the top entry. There are divisions for Middle, High School, and Collegiate levels.

Feel free to post questions or feedback!

1 Like

Looks like an excellent program!!

1 Like

Nice one :wink:

1 Like